Monday, November 5, 2012

Sometimes traditional is best!

I had so many break because my parents were visiting for a week, especially since my mum does not stop when it comes to cleaning the apartment. I was also actually surprised that my mum is so good at putting Baby E to sleep!! She slept especially LONGER and more OFTEN.

The secret? Indonesian traditional sling!

5 minutes on that and ZZZZZ.. (with my mum, that is!)

I am still getting the hang of it now that my parents already left. But so far, it works quite well. Sometimes I still have to take her out for a walk for her to sleep though, because it seems easier. With the sling, it still takes me more than 10-20 minutes to rock or sometimes it doesn't work. We can even put her on the cot more successfully after! I struggled much more before..

The next step might be training to put her to sleep with her lying down on the cot... (she's already almost 7 kg wow!) but it is still good for now. My community nurse once mentioned that it is a myth that babies can sleep by themselves. It is true for my Baby E, because even if she is very tired and her eyes are already closed, she struggles to sleep on her own poor thing. I think it is also because her windy period is passed and she does not wake up suddenly of wind pain that often. Hopefully it gets better and she sleeps through the night soon.

My wonder mum 

1 comment:

  1. Your mum is the champ! She's evidently setting the babywearing standard in your household! I used to do the exact same thing to help ease my son into his sleep at each nap. Gradually I eased him gently off by putting him down when he is not fully asleep so he starts to slowly get used to learning to fall asleep on his own in his cot. But the sling was definitely my greatest weapon for a long time

    ReplyDelete