Monday, November 19, 2012

Me-time?

Wait, what's that again? :P

My friend who is a mum of a 8-year-old mentioned that even though I am occupied with taking care of Baby E, I still need a me-time... So it got me thinking.. It is certainly very hard with a new baby around, especially as Dr Sears calls it a high need one (yes, mine is!). At the moment I can't do things that I used to do anymore, like hanging around with friends at a cafe, watch a movie, or go for a long drive somewhere. No more leisure meal times!

Of course once you have come to accept the situation, you automatically learn to be better at doing things in a more efficient way. Then hopefully you will have bits of time here and there to enjoy your time, such as:

- Watching a favourite TV-show
  Must admit I can never sit for a full show until it's finished, but at least I can catch glances at the TV and pick up what's going on. Sometimes I even sit Baby E on my lap!

- Walking / Window shopping
  This is great because I can do this with Baby E still with me

- Reading
  I usually do this while nursing

- Chatting with friends or family
  Whether it's via phone calls, Skype, SMS or instant messaging or Facebook (Hurray for Technology!)

- Reward yourself with something simple
  Even just eating a biscuit makes me feel a whole lot better! :)

- Taking care of oneself
  Anything from moisturizing my skin, doing my nails, putting on make-up make me feel really good!

- Working
  I only work on weekends for half day at most so I consider this a short break

- And of course, Blogging! 

 What do you do during me-time? And how do you manage do it?

I like reading too, mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment